Saturday 12 November 2011

Last minute stuff

Saturday evening - I've been rushing about all day, finishing packing and sorting out stuff at home. Now at 6pm I'll just take a break for a quick coffee and make a few notes.
I have bought a bag of the cat's favourite biscuits, checked my malaria tablets, made sure my notebook and phone are fully charged, what can go wrong?
I have remembered my headtorch (thanks Sanjay), and packed some quality dark chocolate (Hope's suggestion) and some Marmite.
We are going out to a party tonight, which will stop me panicking for a few hours. We catch a coach to heathrow tomorrow morning, then I fly out 7pm.  Flying via Nairobi, I should arrive at Kisumu before noon on Monday, then I embark on the last leg.  I have been told that the last stage of the journey will be by motorbike taxi - another new experience - 40 minutes clinging on for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment